For More Information, Contact:
Sylvia Pamboukian, Ph.D.
Department Head, English
Wheatley Center 234
AT A GLANCE:
- English honor society for students at accredited colleges and universities that grant baccalaureate or higher degrees
- Established in 1924 to confer distinction for high achievement in English, language, literature, and writing
- Dedicated to fostering literacy and all aspects of the discipline of English
- Over 875 local chapters in the U.S. and abroad
- must complete a minimum of two college courses in English language or literature beyond the usual requirements in freshman English.
- must have a minimum of a B or equivalent average in English and in general scholarship
- must rank* at least in the highest thirty-five percent of his/her class, and must have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college work
Commencement ceremony, 2016.
Christmas poster at the entrance
of campus. Feeling festive!
Spring 2016 Sigma induction ceremony of new members.