For More Information, Contact:
Sylvia Pamboukian, Ph.D.
Department Head, English
Wheatley Center 234
Our Success Stories
Our English Studies Graduates...
- are pursuing rewarding careers with Fortune 500 companies and local corporations: Bayer (Communications Consultant), Nova Chemicals (Marketing Communication Specialist), Heinz (Accounts Manager), Robert Morris University (Admissions)
- have created their own consulting companies (Comma Girl II Inc.)
- are published authors (for example, the novel Then Stirs the Feeling Infinite)
- have taught overseas (Korea and Japan)
- have been hired to teach at the university level (Assistant Professor of Feminist and Gender Studies at Colorado College, part-time faculty at Robert Morris University and Duquesne)
- have been accepted to graduate schools and law school (Trinity University in Dublin, University of Purdue, Ohio University, University of Pittsburgh)
Our English Education Graduates...
- are presenting at national conferences (National Council of Teachers of English)
- are winning awards (Penn-Trafford's students, taught and mentored by a RMU grad, won $25,000 for their energy-conservation videos)
- are teaching in variety of schools (Pittsburgh Public Schools, Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School, PA Cyber Charter School, Mount Lebanon Public School, etc.)
- are working as librarians (Peters Township Public Library, Moon Township Public Library)
- have obtained full-time positions locally after working as long-term subs and full-time out-of-state positions as Secondary English teachers