DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Foundations for Success
The school offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in a broad range of fields. Underlying them all is a focus on designing information in a way that makes an impact -- whether on a Web page, through a well-designed computer network, on TV, or in a CEO's speech.
Students can take advantage of our top-notch facilities and laboratories and get their creativity flowing at Colonial Theatre, RMU-TV, the student newspaper or poetry anthology, and even on an overseas shoot with the Center for Documentary Production and Study.
The university’s focus on communication and business skills gives graduates an advantage in the job market. Internships and co-ops with Bayer, ESPN, Questec and many others prepare our students for professional life. And each student enjoys the small class sizes and personal attention that make RMU a special place to learn.
What else makes us special?
- Information sciences and information systems management degrees accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Fully equipped TV studio, converged newsroom, digital editing bays, and campus radio station
- The country's first IT project management master's degree
- A dedicated living-learning facility for professional visiting artists, filmmakers, designers, and photographers
- Exec-friendly doctorate in information systems and communications
- Six integrated 5-year B.A./B.S. and M.S. programs in computer information systems and communication fields.