The Writing Center is in Wheatley 147 (next to the part-time faculty office), just off the Atrium/Crit Space. It is open during the times posted below.
The Center works on a first-come, first-served basis, so come to the door during the posted times below and print your name on the sign-up sheet, as well as the time at which you arrived.
If the door is closed, please knock and let the tutor know you are here. If the tutor is available, go right in. If there is a student already there, please wait in the Atrium until you are called (in the order on the sign-up sheet). Please bring your assignment (from your professor) and your draft in hard copy or on your tablet or laptop.
The Writing Center offers tutoring in a variety of areas: brainstorming ideas, developing a research plan or outline, editing a draft, or proofreading a final paper.
What doesn't work:
We aim to help you learn to become a better writer. We will work WITH you, not write papers FOR you: we are here to help you improve your writing skills.
Tips for students to maximize their visit:
- Bring the class assignment, application instructions or writing prompt.
- Have specific questions you would like the tutor to address.
- Bring your draft, notes, or outline.
- Bring the grading rubric, if there is one.
- If using an important textbook or important reading, bring it.